West End Lamborghini Crash Case Committed to District Court

Photo Credit: Google Maps

A man charged over a Lamborghini crash on Montague Road that sent two people to hospital has been committed to stand trial in the Brisbane District Court, almost two years after the West End collision.



The 41-year-old appeared in Brisbane Magistrates Court on Tuesday, 18 August, for a committal hearing arising from the 5 October 2024 crash. He is charged with one count of dangerous operation of a vehicle causing grievous bodily harm, an allegation that has not been proven.

The hearing examined evidence surrounding the collision and the condition of the Lamborghini in the days before the crash. Several witnesses gave evidence before Magistrate Ross Mack during the committal hearing.

The accused told police he had lost control of the Lamborghini, according to evidence given at the hearing. The circumstances of the crash and the allegation concerning his manner of driving remain matters for the court.

Join Mailing List

Investigating officer Senior Constable Deborah McDougall gave evidence about the initial police response and subsequent investigation. She told the hearing the accused had been issued an infringement notice on the day of the collision and that a later review of footage prompted further investigation, which ultimately resulted in the charge.

Tower Ad

Altered suspension examined during committal hearing

The court heard evidence about alterations made to the Lamborghini before the collision. A Lamborghini Brisbane employee who had test-driven the vehicle less than a week earlier gave evidence about concerns regarding its altered suspension.

The court also heard there was no evidence those concerns had been communicated to the accused before the collision. The employee’s evidence did not establish that the suspension caused the crash, and no finding about the cause of the collision was made during the committal hearing.

Snr Cst McDougall also gave evidence about the investigation into the vehicle and the circumstances surrounding the crash. The prosecution’s allegation remains unproven and will be determined through the criminal court process.

Photo Credit: Google Maps screengrab

Case moves from Magistrates Court to District Court

At the conclusion of the hearing, Magistrate Ross Mack formally committed the accused to stand trial in the Brisbane District Court. A trial date was yet to be set when the matter was committed.

A committal hearing does not determine whether an accused person is guilty or not guilty. At this stage of proceedings, the court considers whether there is sufficient evidence for an indictable charge to proceed to a higher court.



No plea was entered at the committal hearing, and the charge remains unproven. The committal itself does not amount to a finding that the alleged offence occurred as alleged.

Published 20-Aug-2026

Macca After Content Tower Ad


Spread the love